Frequently Asked Questions
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
How can I submit an entry or vote for an entry?
You must register on the website before you can submit an entry or vote for any entry.
Who can enter the competition?
The competition is open to children aged 7 to 17 years who create a poster. But here’s a bit more detail:
- You must be a legal resident of Singapore
- You must obtain a parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate
There’s a lot more detail about your eligibility in the competition rules
What can I win?
There are two age categories and 8 prizes per category:
– Category A: 7-12 years old
– Category B: 13-17 years old
|1st Prize||iPad Pro 11″ 256 GB worth $1,419||x||x|
|2nd Prize||iPad Air 10.5″ 256GB worth $969||x||x|
|3rd Prize||DJI Drone worth $599||x||x|
|4th Prize||Shopping Vouchers worth $100||x||x|
|5th Prize||Shopping Vouchers worth $100||x||x|
|6th Prize||Shopping Vouchers worth $100||x||x|
|7th Prize||Shopping Vouchers worth $100||x||x|
|8th Prize||Shopping Vouchers worth $100||x||x|
Prizes will also be awarded to the schools winning students attend, 3 prizes per category:
|1st Prize||Shopping Vouchers worth $1,200||x||x|
|2nd Prize||Shopping Vouchers worth $900||x||x|
|3rd Prize||Shopping Vouchers worth $550||x||x|
- The total prize value of all 22 prizes awarded to winners is approximately $12,000 SGD
What should my poster be about?
““How can you stay safe on the Internet?”
The internet’s been around for a while and we can’t imagine life without it. But how can you stay safe online when you game, browse, shop and socialise?
While you could possibly win one of our great prizes, we may also choose some of the most helpful and creative entries to include in a place online for the world to see.
How to get started
- Visit the “What’s Your Story?” site: whatsyourstory.trendmicro.com.sg to learn more about the competition
- Read through the competition rules to make sure you’re eligible.
- Think about how you can integrate your submission into your existing personal or class work.
- Listen to what’s being said in the media, among your friends, and by experts about how people use the Internet.
- Talk to your friends about the positive things they see in using the Internet, social networks and technology devices.
- Plan out the poster and make sure you address this year’s theme. Posters will be judged on creativity, appropriateness and effectiveness.
- Decide on your promotion plan. Making your poster is only part of the competition. Getting the word out about it is another. Views and likes matter in this competition. It’s not enough to make a great poster. It’s important to be an advocate for your message too.
Your poster entry must be:
You must register and upload your poster to this website in order to compete. Your poster must be:
- submitted in one of the following formats: .jpeg or .gif
- a maximum of 5 MB in size.
Once you have uploaded your poster, you can also post it to us:
- It must be A4 sized
- It must be sent to: The “What´s Your Story?” Poster Competition, Attn: Lynn Seetoh, Trend Micro (Singapore) Pte Ltd, 6 Temasek Boulevard #16-01 to 05 Suntec Tower Four, Singapore 038986.
And we can’t stress it enough; please read the official rules for a lot more details. Good luck!
I am a teacher, can I upload multiple entries to the site?
Yes, you can upload a maximum of 60 entries per class.
I am a parent, can I upload multiple entries to the site?
Yes, you can upload a maximum of 10 entries.
I have submitted my entry but why can’t I see it live?
All entries are manually approved prior to being made live to ensure they don’t contain offensive material. You will receive an email after your entry has been processed.
What do I do after I upload my poster?
Get the word out to your friends and family! Winning this competition includes getting people to view and like your poster, as well as the input of the judging panel. So don’t waste time – the sooner the better!
How will the posters be judged?
Winning posters will be selected based on a combination of ratings and number of views, as well as scores assigned by an objective, independent panel of judges scoring on:
- Creativity: style, message delivery, Execution (50%)
- Appropriateness: on topic (25%)
- Effectiveness: clarity of message, persuasiveness (25%)
When does the competition end?
You must submit your poster by 11:59:59 PM on September 30th, 2019.
People can view, comment and like your poster entry until 11:59:59 PM on October 7th, 2019.
How will I know if I’m a finalist or if I’ve won anything?
You will be contacted sometime on our around mid October 2019 if you’re a finalist.
Who needs to register on the competition site?
Anyone can view posters during the competition, but if you want to enter the competition, rate or comment on someone else’s poster, you need to register on the site.
Who do I contact for help?
Have a question not answered here, or a comment about the website or competition? Contact us.